Saturday, June 19, 2010

We're Back!!!

It has been a while since our last post. Okay, it has been over year. We are finally back into the swing of things, and going to continue to update our blog regularly.
We have now been married for over a year, (wow! Time sure does fly by) and we couldn't be happier. Our love only continues to grow for one another, and everyday I am finding a new appreciation for my husband. What have we been doing these last few months? Well, I will tell you...
Peter:
He is still working for Autozone as a manager. Most days he loves his job. He loves spending time with family. He and his brother Jeff get together all of the time to play basketball, video games, or just to enjoy one anothers company. He loves being at home and spending time with me, and Iggee. It is still just as hard for him, as well as I, to leave, and put Iggee in his kennel.
Peter has found a new love for grilling on the George Forman, and is always trying to cook something up...mostly grilled cheese. :)He is learning a lot about cars and the maintenance on them. Earlier this year, the head gasket blew, and my dad was so nice to let him, and my brother fix it at the shop. It took Peter, and Kyle 3 days to finish the project, but Peter was so proud of himself for learning how to do it. Peter is excited for his new upcoming role of dad! Yes, that's right we are expecting our first little one. He has been so kind and gracious through my whole pregnancy. He helps clean the house, cook the dinner, rubs my back or legs, and comes to every single appointment with excitment. I love my husband, and am so thankful for all that he does for me.
Iggee:
He is still stealing our hearts away with his very unique personality. He is always making us smile, and we are so blessed to call him our dog! He is a little over 2 years old now, and smarter than ever. He is fully potty trained, he knows how to catch with his mouth and paws, he knows sit, lay down, and no. He also knows what cookie is, who mommy, and daddy are, and how to love unconditionally. He loves eating people food. He will pretty much anything we give him except for olives. After he eats all of the dog food in his bowl, he kindly brings it to us to let us know it is empty no matter what time of night it is. Iggee loves cuddling, and giving kisses. He literally gets cuter by the minute!
Me:
I started Cosmetology school last November, and I love it. Although, I am on a leave of absence right now due to the pregnancy. I have learned so much at school, and really have surprised myself with the talents I never knew I had. I started out practicing on mannequins, or other students. Peter has let me practice on him, and I also take clients on a regular basis. School is difficult but in a good, and challenging way. I love getting to be creative, and do things my way. I have enjoyed getting close to my sister-in-law Nikki, and she has also been so sweet to let me practice scalp treatments, and deep conditioning treatments on her. I gave Lincoln a hair cut one night, he didn't much love being held down, and even scrame out for Iggee. But when it was all oveer Nikki told me he just loved checking himself out in the mirror. It was really cute. I love being able to service others, and to get to know people on a personal level. I love being able to boost peoples self esteem.
I am expecting a baby due on December 21st, and am so excited to be a mommy! The pregnancy is such a blessing, especially since we lost our first one. I am currently doing a study called the EAGER study. It researched the effects of asprin in gestation. What their findings are, is that a low dose asprin (baby asprin) increases the blood and oxygen flow to the placenta. Thus, aiding in the nutrients absorption. They give me either a baby asprin, or placebo, and 400 MCG's of folic acid. They helped me become pregnant by giving me a highly sensitive fertillity monitor.  I had to freeze daily urine samples for the first 3 months, and they take blood at every visit. When I became pregnant they gave me an early ultra sound to make sure everything looked normal. And of course I get paid too. It is such a blessing to be apart of this study, because I believe it has truly helped.
I have had a pretty good pregnancy. I have morning sickness that lasts all day, and it got so bad that I couldn't keep water down. At my last doctor appointment I lost 5 pounds, but the baby was healthy. So my doctor put me on some anti-nausea pills which has helped dramatically, I haven't thrown up since Memorial day! I am tired all of the time, and my hubby has been so patient to help me out and let me sleep when I am tired, no matter what time of day it is. I have had 4 ultra sounds and each one we get a better peak at our little miracle. The first ultra sound detected twins, but my doctor said that sometimes it could be just a shadow from the baby or umbillical cord. My second ultra sound a week later, which my mom joined us on, proved that it was just a single pregnancy, and a healthy one at that. My third ultra sound was due to the fact I was 10 weeks and the doppler was having a difficult time picking up the heart beat! Yes, I paniced. However, my doctor and husband reassured me that everything was fine, and that she was just going to do an ultra sound to pick up the beat. Once the baby came on the screen, and we could see the flutter of the heartbeat, I bawled! It was so cute, and amazing to watch our little one move around. He/she would not sit still. We had a good laugh at the fact that was the reason we couldn't find the heartbeat. At the fourth ultra sound, it was due to the fact they thought I had a blood clot in my leg. So, they sent me to radiology to have an ultra sound on my leg, and veins, and then they checked on the baby. This ultra sound was such a blessing. Our little one was moving like crazy, as usual. Jumping in my uterus, doing the splits, and crawling up the uterine wall, kicking me, and crawling back down. The baby had its hands behind its head when we first looked at the monitor. I got pictures of the face, the hands, and the foot. We got to see its little bum...Definitely has the Ritz bum!!! We got to finally listen to the heartbeat...absolutely breath taking. It was 165 beats per minute, and an old wives tale believes that anything over 140 beats per minute means its a girl. I guess we will find out in a few months. The most amazing part of it all, was the fact that I thought I had been feeling the baby move for a few weeks, and while the technician was performing the ultra sound she informed me that I don't have much distance between my uterus and my skin. Meaning, if I hadn't felt it move yet, she said I will very soon. During the ultra sound as the baby crawled up and kicked me, I felt it! And the tecnician verified I could feel it. I didn't feel crazy afterall!
All in all, I am so blessed to be pregnant, sick, and tired. I am blessed to have absolute support from my husband, family, and friends. Now, here are the last ultra sounds pictures!

No comments: