Tuesday, December 2, 2008

SURPRISE! 10/10/08














































So, I am posting a few things late. Really late. For Peter's birthday I threw him a surprise rock band themed birthday party. For the few months leading up to his birthday I tried my best to convince him that for his birthday we were "too poor" to make a big deal out of it. He wanted Rock band on the wii really bad and I told him he could not buy it because he spent too much time playing video games as it is. Then, he wanted to go to the Rise Against, Alkaline Tri, Thrice concert, and I Explained he could not go because he did not take me to the Secondhand Serenade concert that I so badly wanted to go to earlier in the year. For the most part I had him convinced. With help from my family, the party was a success! Melissa helped me in making him believe his birthday just wasn't on the "to do list".
I started out by ordering his concert tickets online. It was hard for me to keep that a secret because I was so excited. Next I took a lunch break at work, two days before his birthday, and went searching for Rock band. Well, to my surprise Rock Band 2 was coming out, and most stores stopped selling number 1. I was in a pickle. The whole theme was based off this stupid game. So after looking at wal mart, and game stop, I went to Target. I got lucky that they had just received a shipment earlier in the day, and the game was on sell too! So I was out less money than I had planned! After that, I placed an order for the delicious guitar shaped cake.
Well, the day of the party came and I went to his house where I decorated or trashed his room. Happy Birthday signs, streamers, confetti, and balloons. Next, I went and picked up the beautiful chocolate strawberry cake. Then, I went to Costco and bought all of the food and beverages. I set everything up, and waited for the guests to arrive.
I told everyone to be there between 6-6:30, Because Peter was going to meet at my house at 7:00, so I could "take him to dinner". I started panicking when quarter after 6 rolled around, and it was just my brother Kyle and I. Peter called and sad he was on his way from his house. So in panic mode, I called Levi, who said he was just down the street. That was a relief. I called Steve and Melissa, and they said they were like 15 minutes away! "Oh no", I thought, I need to come up with an excuse so Peter wouldn't beat him there. I called him and told him to stop off at the gas station and get me a Dr. Pepper. He thought it was a weird request, but agreed to doing it. Shortly later Levi arrived, and said Steve and Melissa were right behind him by a couple of minutes. So i called Peter, and told him to forget about the drink. He told me his location and he was only 10 minutes away. So time passed, and Steve and Melissa still had not arrived! So my brother called Peter and asked him to stop off at the store so it didn't seem like I was up to something. I finally saw Steve and Melissa's jeep pulling up the street, and also Peter's car too! I was panicking once more. Somehow they managed to sneak in the door without him seeing them. The whole thing could have been ruined! So everyone took their places and me and the silly string took ours. Peter walked in and got slammed with SURPRISE!, and the can of silly string! He looked surprise and it made me happy.
Moments later, after quickly opening his rock band, the operation was a go! The boys glued their eyes to the TV, and Melissa and I talked about our girly things for a moment. After Kyle sang his vocals...he is definitely not a singer, but he was a good sport about it. Steve took over the vocals, and the lap dancing, Peter took over the drums, and making his neck disappear, and Levi was on the guitar, laughing hysterically at the random acts from Steve. All in all, we had lots of fun and couldn't have done without the family! Thanks to everyone who came!


















No comments: